Thursday, October 21, 2010

When I grow up...


Today is the first day of fall break for my big kids and I scheduled a babysitter a month ago since I had to work (Thursdays are our busiest day) and Mike is out of town. My sitter fell through and the kids came to work with me today (first half at polly wogs and the second half at Saffa IV Pharmacy). My son was content with watching a movie (over and over) in the back in a nice recliner with snacks (not a peep from him). My daughter watched for a bit but wanted to go door to door of offices and greet. She has gotten to know my friends and wanted to see them. (I will say that they encourage this behavior so it is a little hard to fight). She then came to my office and grabbed my sharpies, highlighters, pens, etc and as many loose papers as she could (that is dangerous on my desk!). She shuffled and organized and sorted and wrote and on and on. She looked up at me (she was working on my desk opposite from me) and said as serious as she could "I wish this was my job, I want to be just like you". I asked what she liked and she said that I get to have "all these papers"!!

She even dressed like a pharmacist for her career day at school. She is a hoot! She will run some company one day, I have no doubt (whether it is the White House or her own home, they will be lucky to have her!). She really does look up to me at my job and I just pray that I lead her in the right direction. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to figure out (mommy vs worker) and I wonder if it is better to be able to concentrate on one at a time instead of trying to be all at once? I will say that the Lord has blessed me with a great job and a great family and a way to do both. I will continue until I feel "released" from my job. Mike talks of retiring early so I am for sure out the door when he goes!

No comments: